Agile Delivery Lead - CIB Markets- Athena Trade and Risk Management
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader in Banking. The world’s corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank supports our clients around the world providing strategic advice, raising capital and managing risk.
Who we are
The CIB Markets Athena Trade and Risk Services ( ATRS ) technology team is responsible for building digital products that delivers best in class solutions for trade and risk management consistently across JPMorgans’ Markets businesses by constantly assessing business needs, emerging trends and technical challenges. Our team consists of product managers, delivery leads and developers. The team is thoughtful in balancing due diligence with speed to market and creativity with discipline in order to produce best-in-class, efficient, thoughtful digital solutions for our clients.
This is a fascinating time in our industry. By now, it’s a cliché that banks will have to embrace technology and innovation if they are to thrive in the years to come. We are bought into this completely and looking for new talent to join our growing team. We are on the journey to transformation and as such starting to run Value streams across Trade Management, Market Data and Risk Pnl. These Value streams are focused on delivering higher flow and output to our customers. You would be joining at the cusp of some of these being set up and therefore would play both a critical role in a transformation but also be able to help shape it.
- Work on some of the most challenging problems at the intersection of two dynamic industries: Finance and Technology
- Support Value streams ( similar to delivery trains or tribes in other terminologies ) delivering improved flow and outcome across multiple business areas
- Influence decisions on CIB Markets strategy for modernization, efficiency, and innovation by adopting data driven analysis
- Interact with high performing teams across each of the Markets businesses
What you will be working on?
- As part of the CIB Markets ATRS team, the Delivery lead will partner with all lines of business within CIB Markets to enable value stream deliveries.
- You will be working on Athena platform, a python and C++ based platform that underpins technology offering for CIB markets.
- Partner with core Athena platform teams to continue enhancing Athena as best in class platform for building out trade and risk management
- Drive value by bringing cross asset products and solutions to teams across the Markets business.
- Build and maintain key data points to measure progress towards the objectives set out for each Value stream.
Who are we hiring?
We are looking for an outstanding, Vice President – Delivery lead- with experience of building and scaling an ecosystem of digital products from concept to delivery. This role will focus on products in the CIB Markets Trade and Risk management space and within that focus on Market Data Services offering. The individual should have passion for technology, keen to partner with engineering and product teams and be able to maintain an agile mindset while doing so.
- Be the Agile Coach for the Value stream. Coaching key stakeholder, train leadership, teams in agile practices and mindset.
- Facilitates and drives Value stream -level agile ceremonies, backlog grooming, stand-ups, Demos and retrospectives to name a few.
- Facilitates and drives Quarterly Planning for the value stream, working with Product Management and Engineering Leads to prioritize deliverables/features to be considered for the next planning cycle. Ensuring the agreed work breakdown structure is agreed and adhere to in planning principles.
- Owns delivery communication and co-ordination with key business and product stakeholders, through pre and post quarterly planning cycles.
- Drive continuous improvement through the value stream, utilizing feedback and metrics aligned to quality, business value, delivery commitments, predictability and cumulative flow diagrams. Own improvement plans across the stream.
- Manages Delivery Impediments and blockers through to resolution through appropriate stakeholders.
- Owns value stream level resourcing and budget tracking aligned to annual capital planning.
- Will align with the central markets transformation and drive the Delivery Lead Community of Practice standardization across the wider organization.
- Manages risks and issues, working with Product Management and Engineering Leads
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentations skills targeting various stakeholders and senior management
- Proven track record of working with non-agile teams and coaching on Agile Practices
- Proven track record of Coaching teams through agile practices and new ways of working.
- Proven experience and understanding of the software delivery life cycle.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, detail-oriented, and strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups
- Ability to develop strong partnerships across lines of business to achieve goals
- Proven ability to achieve quality results in a high-pressure, rapidly changing environment requiring flexibility / adaptability to changeable directives.
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.