Disputes Lead - VP
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead a Banking Operations function and you have expertise in disputes and chargebacks?
We are looking for a Vice President of Disputes and Chargebacks to join our dynamic and innovative team here at our state of the art offices in Edinburgh. In this role you will be accountable for leading the Chase UK Disputes function reporting directly into our Banking Operations Executive Director with responsibility and input for helping shape the organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity and could be the perfect next step for you to join the growing Chase family and be part of building digital products and services across the globe in a start-up atmosphere, backed by one of the leading financial services providers worldwide (JP Morgan Chase & Co).
- Be accountable for disputed transactions performance across the Banking Operations function within Chase
- Be accountable for delivering an effective process to manage the operational risk and also meeting the needs of our customers, regulatory and industry standards
- Effectively leading the overall function – this includes managing a team of 5+ direct reports, providing development, support and guidance and ensuring we are compliant and achieving great customer and business outcomes.
- Responsible for management of the overall process, identification of operational efficiencies and risks and deliver enhancements to manage effectively
- See the “big picture”, join the dots quickly of how people & culture fit into the company’s overall business strategy and goals
- Act as an advocate for creating a diverse & inclusive workplace reflective of our growing customer base is paramount to the success of the business and its unique culture
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Demonstrated expertise in disputes and chargeback management and ownership
- Ability to manage competing priorities to achieve the most effective result within a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership skills, and exceptional collaboration and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence business leaders in a meaningful and actionable manner
- Be self-motivated and confident in ambiguous circumstances
- Have passion to self-learn and develop others within the team and area
- Champion colleague culture, lead by example, and provide feedback and recognition at every opportunity
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience leading both teams and overall function in an operational role with particular expertise in a disputes environment, including both unauthorised and authorised payment disputes
- Expert knowledge of Consumer Credit act, particularly Section 75
- Experience in transformation of operational processes, with the ability to identify operational risks and design effective controls to mitigate whilst minimizing the impact to customers
- Experience in product or project management in a disputes environment and a strong knowledge of current digital banking trends