International Consumer Bank Risk Modelling – Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As part of Risk Management and Compliance (RM&C), you are at the centre of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks, and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
The RM&C Secured Credit and International Consumer Bank (ICB) modelling team is searching for an ICB Risk modeler. In this role, you will be responsible for utilizing statistical and machine learning techniques to develop ICB risk models. You will steer models throughout their life cycle, including development, implementation, use, monitoring, and retirement.
The ICB business within JPMorgan has grown significantly since its launch in 2021, with the number of models expected to double in 2023 alone. Over the next several years, we expect the business to expand significantly.
- Engaging with senior business leaders and drive a risk modelling pipeline for the organization
- Collaborating closely with partners in strategy, marketing, technology, and model governance
- To model development, you will focus on projects such as Ongoing Performance Management, cost/benefit analysis of models, and help establish the risk technology framework to run proprietary models in real time
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Master's or PhD degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, or Engineering
- Relevant work experience in designing, building, and deploying production quality models utilizing statistical / Machine Learning (ML) techniques. Examples include fraud models, credit decisioning models, account management models and collections/recovery models.
- Familiarity with lending markets in UK/Europe
- Ability to thrive in a matrix environment and build partnerships with colleagues at various levels and across multiple locations
- Ability to work with significant sense of urgency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including influencing and presentation skills
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Familiarity with ML libraries such as TensorFlow or scikit-learn