Rates E-Trading Business Control Manager - Senior Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Are you interested in working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, partnering with Rates E-Trading team on control framework, governance, conduct and business growth?
As a Senior Associate in the Rates Business Control Management (BCM) Team (Senior Associate), you will be part of the E-Trading Controls support team. The BCM has responsibilities in control design, implementation, evaluation and representation to internal and external parties including global regulators. The BCM needs to develop deep relationships with stakeholders across functional lines, understanding of the businesses, their risks, controls, architecture, and products. BCMs aim to maintain a strong and consistent control environment across the firm and implement best in class supervisory culture. With BCMs appointed for each Line of Business, Function and Region, there is a comprehensive coverage and joint accountability model with the business executive that promotes early operational risk identification and assessment, effective design and evaluation of controls with sustainable solutions to mitigate operational risk.
You will be involved in the identification, design, delivery and project management of process improvement and control related initiatives.
- Represent Front Office interests vis a vis control/regulatory initiatives
- Execute and implement business controls priorities and strategy
- Provide Front Office supervisory management and execution
- Manage the risk and control governance framework and reporting, including Regulatory, Audits and Compliance Testing
- Front Office supervision
- Identify and remediate control gaps
- Review and implement key firm wide policy on behalf of the Business
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Demonstrated leading skills to motivate, setting clear agenda and leading team to excel
- Excellent team player with partnering and influencing skill who can partner closely with peers and changing stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information in different forms and details based on the audience
- Understanding of Markets, Rates products and related end to end product life cycle
- Understanding of Regulations e.g. MIFID II, Dodd Frank, Volcker, etc.
- Familiar with trading and execution venues
- A good understanding of controls and how to apply them to different processes and businesses
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Previous experience in Controls would be beneficial
- Confident communicating with and influencing stakeholders where appropriate
- Good judgment, maturity, and poise to enable interaction/influencing of senior management
- Strong team player with excellent partnering and influencing skill