Full Stack Software Engineer II
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
You’re ready to gain the skills and experience needed to grow within your role and advance your career — and we have the perfect software engineering opportunity for you.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer II at JP Morgan Chase within the Corporate Engineering Platforms & Experience team, you are part of an agile team that works to enhance, design, and deliver the software components of the firm’s state-of-the-art technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As an emerging member of a software engineering team, you execute software solutions through the design, development, and technical troubleshooting of multiple components within a technical product, application, or system, while gaining the skills and experience needed to grow within your role.
- Executes standard software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting
- Writes secure and high-quality code using the syntax of at least one programming language with limited guidance.
- Designs, develops, codes, and troubleshoots with consideration of upstream and downstream systems and technical implications
- Applies knowledge of tools within the Software Development Life Cycle toolchain to improve the value realized by automation.
- Applies technical troubleshooting to break down solutions and solve technical problems of basic complexity.
- Writes secure and high-quality code using the syntax of at least one programming language with limited guidance, applies knowledge of tools within the Software Development Life Cycle toolchain to improve the value realized by automation.
- Applies technical troubleshooting to break down solutions and solve technical problems of basic complexity, learns and applies system processes, methodologies, and skills for the development of secure, stable code and systems.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience.
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability.
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages.
- Demonstratable ability to code in one or more languages.
- Experience across the whole Software Development Life Cycle.
- Familiarity with RESTful web service development using Spring Boot or similar back-end frameworks, familiarity with component-based web UI frameworks such as React.js, Angular or Vue.js
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Hands-on experience of cloud-native architectures and infrastructure
- Practical understanding of containerized application development and deployment (using Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience working as part of an agile, user-centric product team