Product Manager - Cards Specialist
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Product Manager- Cards Specialist – Chase UK
Here at JPMorgan Chase & Co., we know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience, from a bank they can trust. So we launched a new digital bank called Chase – to revolutionise mobile banking by creating seamless digital journeys that our customers love. For us, that means keeping ourselves customer obsessed and always being open to trying new things. Above all, it's about working with people who are passionate about building the bank of the future.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused individuals, used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something new from the ground up within a diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
In this role of Vice President Cards Specialist you are expected to contribute to the delivery and ongoing management of the Chase cards product in line with platform requirements whilst contributing to the strategy to take the cards product to market. Through your cards ecosystem expertise and working with a range of teams as well as third party providers you will develop the Chase cards product at the forefront of the industry. You will ensure relevant systems are integrated in line with the requirements of an authorised bank.
- Develop the product vision, objectives, value propositions and contribute to the cards roadmap, based on a deep understanding of the cards ecosystem, client needs and industry landscape.
- Perform research, brainstorm solutions, and help guide product direction for cards. Balance opportunities and business needs while keeping stakeholders aligned and supportive.
- Provide expertise to the wider organisation about the cards industry and ecosystem landscape
- Collaborate with product owners, product managers and engineers to find simpler and effective ways to meet the needs of our product and business.
- Acquire and maintain system knowledge so you can act as a Data Owner and/or Application owner and work with respective control functions to ensure, regulatory, contractual and internal requirements are met.
- Contribute to periodic reviews of Book of Work (BOW) with all impacted Stakeholders, and highlight risks, issues and opportunities.
- Partner with engineering leads to fulfil requirements of Data Owner and/or Application owner tasks and other product development related topics.
- Act as a strategic partner to product managers across the team.
- Help to drive agility, consistency, and a sound controls environment across the Product Groups and Firmwide Integration Tribe.
- Well-organized, dependable, and very collaborative team player.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's/MBA degree preferred.
- Relevant experience in cards ecosystem related role(s) as well as an excellent understanding of cards industry trends and best practices
- Strong quantitative analysis skills, proficiency in Excel and other analytics tools required.
- Strong ability to analyse opportunities & problems, recommend solutions, and communicate effectively & confidently (both verbal and written).
- Thought leader who looks for innovation opportunities for our clients and operational improvement opportunities for our firm.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives to completion under concurrent, rigorous, and regulatory deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Strong presentation skills and effective communication with a variety of stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge of end-to-end product construct for cards product and related banking products (Current Account, Core Banking, etc) including Fraud Management and Dispute Management.
- Experience with banking functional architecture frameworks, core banking implementation and account and ledger management.
- Excellent business acumen and familiarity with end to end product management and process workflow.
- Proven experience in Product Management and delivery ideally gained in a FinTech, banking environment, core banking engine providers (or similar).
- Proven track record over multiple years as an individual product manager responsible for value and viability of solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.