Python Senior Lead Software Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Be an integral part of an agile team that's constantly pushing the envelope to build, enhance and deliver enterprise-level observability metrics solutions.
As a Senior Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase within the Engineering Platforms & Experience team, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted enterprise-scale observability capabilities in a secure, stable, and scalable way. Drive significant business impact through your capabilities and contributions, and apply deep technical expertise and problem-solving methodologies to tackle a diverse array of challenges that span multiple technologies and applications.
- Regularly provides technical guidance and direction to support the business and its technical teams
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Drives decisions that influence the product design, application functionality, and technical operations and processes
- Serves as a function-wide subject matter expert in one or more areas of focus
- Drives up platform resiliency and maintainability through deployment automation and platform modernization efforts
- Actively contributes to the engineering community as an advocate of observability tooling and best practice
- Adds to the team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Advanced in one or more programming language(s): Java, Python or Golang.
- Advanced knowledge of software applications and technical processes with considerable in-depth knowledge in one or more technical disciplines (e.g., cloud, application observability, big data, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- Ability to tackle design and functionality problems independently with little to no oversight
- Hands-on experience of cloud-native architecture design and infrastructure deployment
- Experience with observability and monitoring tools, for example Grafana/Prometheus, Cloudwatch or Datadog
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience of infrastructure-as-code tooling and best practices
- Practical experience with containerized application platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes