Transaction Management Specialist – Leveraged Loans – Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
CB – Transaction Management Specialist – Leveraged Loans – Associate
The transaction management team is known as Credit Products Delivery team, a middle office transaction management partner for clients of the Corporate & Investment Bank (‘CIB’), Commercial Bank (‘CB’) and Global Trade Finance Businesses. Credit Products Delivery provides expertise in the negotiation and review of facility documentation and end-to-end transaction management for Loans (and Traditional Trade Finance products). The Credit Products Delivery team partners closely with JPMorgan's client coverage teams, in addition to external legal counsel and facility agents.
- Deliver best-in-class leveraged loan documentation execution for CIB and CB clients, specifically for financial sponsor-backed financings, including oversight of the deal closing process.
- In close partnership with Front Office and Credit Risk, review and support the negotiation of legal documentation for leveraged financings
- Liaise with internal/external counsel in the review of transactional documentation.
- Draw on transactional expertise to suggest solutions for appropriate stakeholders (Bankers, Credit, Tax, Ops, etc.) as necessary, ensuring they are brought into the debate in a timely manner to reach a resolution.
- Manage to the internal controls framework, reporting and escalation for transaction execution, including preparing and coordinating the approval of documentation deviations during negotiations.
- Actively contribute to wider WLS projects & initiatives.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- In-depth technical knowledge and understanding of loan documentation (in particular LMA Syndicated Facilities and Financial Sponsor precedent terms)
- A good understanding of leveraged loans execution, transaction management, lending products more broadly, and banking processes.
- Ability to identify problems and escalate these promptly.
- Excellent coordination skills and a strong control mindset.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to interact professionally and confidently with the Front Office and functional partners globally
- Set high standards of performance for self.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Language skills welcomed.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technology environment.