Securities Services, Fusion, Alternative, Equity and/or Fixed Income and Macro Research Data Specialist’s, Executive Director, London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The investment management industry is undergoing a significant transformation with clients facing monumental challenges around data. Increasingly complex global, multi-asset portfolios require uniform, accurate, and comprehensive data.
Our new Data Solutions business, powered by a diverse global team of data, product and client success experts are dedicated to helping asset managers, pension funds and insurance companies solve their most complex data problems by consolidating and standardizing data so they can use it more effectively.
Fusion by J.P. Morgan, our recently launched data platform, offers the opportunity to play an integral role in the ideation and development of new products and services to a broad range of institutional clients located all over the world. You will join an entrepreneurial and collaborative team that engages with a wide range of data across use cases to develop solutions to real-world problems utilizing the latest cloud technology.
We are seeking Alternative, Equity, and/or Fixed Income and Macro Research Data Specialist’s to lead formation and delivery of projects as part of a strategic roadmap for analytical data within Securities Services products & services. You will join the Securities Services Data Product Management team, which is responsible for developing the vision and strategic roadmap for data products, including the development of tools and processes for the aggregation, generation, standardization and optimization across a diverse variety of data sources in support of Securities Services clients.
Developing solutions with a sharp focus on business benefits, client service, and controls is a key responsibility of this role. You will work closely in partnership with the Firmwide Data Management team, third party data vendors, Securities Services clients, Product Development, quantitative research groups, and various technology teams to execute the strategic roadmap and ensure delivery of projects is successfully completed according to agreed timelines and budget. You will provide business leadership for Technology and Operations and must have the analytical skills to ensure the data quality goals for the program are attained as well as the technical skills to learn/understand the technology infrastructure - how it should be implemented most effectively and staged within the context of business strategy and priorities. Key to your success will be end-to-end ownership and delivery of the products & processes, and the ability to interpret how alternative courses of action impact downstream processes and groups.
This role is ideal for a highly motivated individual with a strong passion for data, problem solving and domain knowledge as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Form strategic vision for either Alternative, Equity, Fixed income and Macro data and product delivery strategy in collaboration with peer data teams
- Author business requirements documents, monitor system development activities and document user acceptance testing plans and scripts for technology implementations
- Document traceability of requirements to business objectives – ensure that all requirements are in support of the business case
- In partnership with technology and operations teams define implementation schedules for product build out, including managing large data sets for product migration efforts, production deployment and roll-out in alignment with business priorities and ensure product is delivered on time and on budget
- Identify and manage risks/issues, create solutions to address limitations while minimizing time to market and control/operational risk
- Manage dependencies on other product development and technology teams and ensure seamless delivery
- Collaborate with multiple teams such as Firmwide Data Management team, Core Data Lake Technology, Implementations, Client Service, and Sales teams on strategic initiatives led by Securities Services
Required Qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Alternative, Equity and/or Fixed Income and Macro data and products domain knowledge
- Problem solving skills - demonstrated ability to structure and scope complex problems, apply a range of analytical tools, gain and synthesize insights and develop solutions aligned with strategic goals
- Strong data analytics – advanced ability to analyze and interpret data, ability to identify themes, strengths and opportunities
- Strong project management skills and established history of delivering on complex projects
- Adept at global team and stakeholder management at all levels
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently and influence senior stakeholders
Preferred Qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Prior experience with quantitative models or data science highly preferred
- Prior experience in Securities Services business areas will be highly preferred