Loan Transaction Coordination Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Transaction Coordination Associate - KYC Support
The Loan Transaction Coordination Team, within WLS, is responsible for coordinating complex syndicated and bilateral loans for the Corporate & Investment Banking, Corporate and Commercial Banking and Trade Finance Lines of Business. The team works closely with the JPM origination businesses, ensuring that all necessary information is reviewed for operational feasibility and optimal execution. The team partners with various internal and external parties, including but not limited to, Debt Capital Markets (DCM), Credit Risk, Loan and Agency Services, Legal, as well as JPM Borrowers and Lender Clients. The team also interacts with counterparts internationally on cross-border transactions, originating out of EMEA.
We operate in a control-focused environment ensuring that new loan agreements and amendments are viable from an operational standpoint and in line with JPM’s preferred language, recorded accurately, and any exceptions are managed accordingly.
The KYC Coordination function has recently been established within the Transaction Coordination team to enhance the existing KYC process for Lenders, Borrowers and Guarantors. As part of their role, the successful candidate will work with the Lines of Business, KYC Teams and Transaction Coordinators (TC) to streamline and deliver best-in-class KYC outcomes to support lending transactions.
- Maintain and review credit agreement terms across loan structures to ensure JPM standards are followed and track points of contention and drivers to identify market trends and document JPM preferences.
- Review, advise, and escalate on product related terms to ensure operational feasibility (currency, pricing, timings, structure, etc.)
- Undertake all necessary coordination tasks to provide a seamless, support process for the delivery of KYC for Lenders, Borrowers and Guarantors across the client relationship lifecycle including:
- The review of Credit Agreements to identify critical entity information to be communicated to the KYC teams to support the KYC process.
- Tracking and monitoring of each request from inception to completion working to time-critical delivery deadlines.
- Partnering across Legal, Business, and Operations departments to resolve problems and recommend enhancements to existing processes, as appropriate.
- Maintaining accurate process and procedure documentation in a timely manner.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- A proven ability to review legal loan documentation (e.g., Credit Agreements, Term Sheets, Amendments, A&R Credit Agreements, Waivers, and Fee Letters) to identify critical KYC information.
- An understanding of Corporate KYC requirements across the UK, EU and other EMEA jurisdictions.
- Able to manage and coordinate complex workflow across multiple teams, communicate effectively across the business and complete assignments accurately and within designated, often pressurised, time frames.
- The ability to operate in a challenging and rapidly changing environment with a desire to accept new assignments and the ability to learn new principles and dynamic systems quickly.
- Critical decision-making abilities including the ability to independently identify, escalate, and propose solutions to problems.
- A proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting milestones, and succeeding in a team environment.
- A proven ability to collaborate with team members and senior management across and within the lines of business with a keen attention to detail.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Experience in a loan operations / transaction management would be advantageous especially in the origination space, including knowledge of the loan product and syndicated loan business, and an understanding of Credit Agreements.
- Lead by example; set high standards of performance for self and others.