Global Sales and Marketing - Platform Sales, UK Pensions - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
If you are driven, a natural team player, able to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and internal stakeholders, and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you to join our the desk as part of J. P. Morgan’s Securities Services UK Pensions team. The role is based in London.
This position is the great opportunity to develop a career in sales and relationship management and work with distinguished team in an international environment. In this role, you will play a crucial part in understanding client needs, managing strategic client relationships, developing the client portfolio through prospecting for new clients and developing incremental sales revenue. Our clients are UK pension funds.
J.P. Morgan Securities Services provides innovative custody, fund accounting and administration and securities services to the world’s largest institutional investors, alternative asset managers and debt and equity issuers. We leverage our scale, global capabilities, and our investments in technology and innovation to support our clients as they optimise their operating models, mitigate risk and enhance revenue. As a strategic partner with a long-standing commitment and proven experience, J.P. Morgan Securities Services takes a consultative approach to working with clients to assess and solution for their individual needs.
- You’ll make impact by covering of UK-based Pensions Funds, actively managing existing strategic Securities Services client relationships and profitability
- You’ll work in conjunction with partners across client service management, product management, operations, technology, risk, credit and legal to optimize product and service delivery
- You’ll support senior members of the UK Pensions sales team to maintain our strong position
- You will have a chance to develop new relationships with prospective clients; cultivating and broadening client intimacy in accordance with client retention and incremental sales plans
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Bachelor’s degree minimum of 2:1 or equivalent
- Your excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, can engage and influence partners and clients; you are good at communicating concepts and ideas, also via documentation
- You’re keen to develop industry knowledge and understand clients’ business strategies and objectives, ensuring wherever possible that J.P. Morgan is strategically aligned in support of our clients’ businesses
- Self-motivated in owning all Legal and commercial negotiations
- You have prior experience in a sales and relationship management function preferably covering relevant market client segment (Asset Managers/Asset Owners) and/or Securities Services product
- You thrive in identifying opportunities to increase revenue through both product development and cross selling Securities Services and CIB products
- You excel in relationship governance framework, ensuring regular and structured communication of client dedicated plans, meeting summaries and maintenance of overall deal discipline
Preferred qualifications, capabilities , and skills
- You’re attentive to detail and easily adaptable
- You’re enthusiastic about knowledge sharing and collaboration
- You demonstrate proficiency in PowerPoint
Beyond that, we’re interested in the things that make you unique: personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia and profession that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the differences you could bring to the team.
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.