Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused individuals, used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something new from the ground up within a diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
Site Reliability Engineer
As a Core Reliability Engineer, you will be building and integrating tooling to facilitate and accelerate the reliability agenda. You will work in all aspects of modern reliability such as observability, alerting and chaos engineering.
Working with the embedded reliability engineers you will be part of the design, build and automation of solutions designed to improve the various aspect the product reliability.
The challenges will often be raised from a particular scenario but the solutions will have to be thought and designed to cover a wider landscape.
Objectives of this Role
- Seek for continuous improvement of reliability, monitoring and alerting for our mission-critical microservices.
- Enhance the current data set of observability metrics
- Build state of the art framework for SLI and error budgets aggregation
- Improve impact analysis tooling
- Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
- Design/Build performance testing and capacity planning / forecasting.
- Build Chaos engineering framework
- Reduce toil faced by the reliability engineers by automation
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in computer science or other highly technical, scientific discipline.
- Proven experience as a software engineer, including proficiency in at least one systems programming language (Python, Go, Java)
- Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
- Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
- Working knowledge of Microservice infrastructure components
- Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience in cloud computing (preferably AWS).
- Experience a plus in common SRE toolchains: Grafana, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Jaeger.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.