Asset Management - Research Analyst - Global Special Situations (VP)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is the world’s third-largest alternatives manager, with a 40-year history of delivering innovative alternative solutions across market cycles. Our alternative investment engines are managed by highly specialized independent teams, backed by the global reach, vast resources and robust governance of J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Our alternative strategies are designed to achieve specific client outcomes and built to deliver uncorrelated returns to traditional asset classes. Customized alternative portfolios can be tailored to individual client needs. We offer strategies across the alternative investment spectrum, including real estate, private equity and credit, infrastructure, transportation, liquid alternatives and hedge funds.
The Global Special Situations (GSS) group continues to experience strong growth and success and is looking to expand the analyst research team. GSS targets Event Driven, Stressed, Special Situations and Distressed opportunities (in US and EMEA) across the credit spectrum that can deliver strong asset level returns. As our Research Analyst you will have financial valuation and credit analysis experience.
- You will draw upon your network and experience to assist with due diligence (including the projection of future financial performance, and analysis of industry trends) and to determine an appropriate valuation for each credit or investment
- You will maintain and/or develop a strong network among a wide range of market counterparts including legal, financial and restructuring advisors, banks and companies
- Once assigned a credit, you will be expected to maintain financial reporting models (as new numbers are released) and be familiar with each credit’s governing Credit Agreement, Bond Indentures and contractual obligations in order to analyze financial performance and identify investment opportunities
- You will manage inventory positions for all proposed changes to credits including amendments, waivers and re-pricing, as well as permanent “re-underwrite” of the credit following business or pricing developments
- Preparation of other ad hoc support materials/presentations to the business
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in adherence with the relevant JPMAM / GSS policies and procedures as well as with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Support with business development, marketing and control initiatives as may be required from time to time by the GSS Co-CIOs
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- European language skills would be a necessity
- You will be expected to have direct corporate finance experience that is relevant (investment banking, leveraged finance, restructuring advisory, M&A, buy side credit analyst or bank sell side credit analyst).
- Corporate finance or leveraged finance training
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Valuation and credit analysis training, including strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint
- Mature personality to enable various direct company and investor interaction
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines