Digital Risk and Control Analyst - Invest & Grow
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Digital Risk and Control Manager – Associate - Brokerage – Chase UK
Here at JPMorgan Chase & Co., we know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience, from a bank they can trust. So we launched a new digital bank called Chase – to revolutionise mobile banking by creating seamless digital journeys that our customers love. For us, that means keeping ourselves customer obsessed and always being open to trying new things. Above all, it's about working with people who are passionate about building the bank of the future.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused individuals, used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something new from the ground up within a diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
Control Management (CM) maintains a strong and consistent control environment through a joint accountability model that aligns managers with each line of business, function and region to mitigate operational risk.
Control management plays a pivotal role in educating the business teams whilst acting in an advisory role with the key challenges and focus areas being the following:
- Risk Identification & Assessment
- Control Design & Evaluation
- Issue Management
- Control Governance & Reporting
- Engage with stakeholders across the International Consumer Business to evaluate and perform an end-to-end analysis of the business’ operational risk and control environment
- Identify control gaps, weaknesses and resolutions in order to reduce financial loss, regulatory exposure, and reputational risk
- Ensure that controls are properly designed, and operating effectively
- Support a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
- Review and analyse program-related data frames (e.g., KRIs/KPIs) to proactively identify existing and emerging operational risks to business-related programs and strategies
- Working within the Controls Team in partnership with stakeholders, you will evaluate and perform an end-to-end analysis of the business’ operational risk and control environment to identify significant gaps and weaknesses and determine root cause of control deficiencies.
- You will be able to develop creative and innovative solutions to manage risk ensuring that controls are properly designed, operating effectively, and essential to a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
- Work as part of a highly collaborative & successful Controls Team, regardless of geographic location, providing support across all business areas required.
- You will provide support to ongoing business-related control programs and strategies (e.g., New Business Initiatives, change management, metrics development and reporting, control evaluation, issue management, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-3 years of experience in financial services industry with background in controls, audit, quality assurance, operational risk management, or compliance preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of investment management, brokerage or trading preferred
- Knowledge of Agile with hands on experience using tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills. Solid critical thinking and analysis in technical scenarios, attention to detail and able to synthesize large amounts of data and formulate creative and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Able to work effectively in agile environments, adaptable to shifting priorities and delivering value whilst dealing with high degrees of uncertainty and continuous change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence business leaders in a meaningful and actionable manner
- Strong stakeholder management skills - you are someone who is open, collaborative and can build meaningful professional relationships
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.