Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a Compensation Analyst / Associate you will support the compensation strategy and execution for key businesses within the Corporate & Investment Bank (Banking, Securities Services and Markets) as well as contribute to the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Compensation Agenda.
In this role, you will perform a variety of compensation activities, including providing guidance to line and HR management regarding compensation actions for employees, administering/coordinating annual compensation planning processes, and analysing and reporting internal and external market compensation data.
- Provide end-to-end planning and administrative support for the annual compensation processes (both mid-year and year-end), involving coordination across multiple lines of business and working closely with HR Business Partners and Finance colleagues.
- Evaluate and provide day-to-day support on compensation related activities, including partnering with Recruiting on new hire offers, promotions, transfers, budget allocation/forecasting and top talent retention.
- Participate in compensation surveys; perform independent analysis of internal and external benchmarking data to support compensation needs.
- Provide strategic support, partnership, and compensation recommendations for various projects in the Corporate and Investment Bank and firmwide involving compensation, including policy reviews, changes in compensation practices, and systems development.
- Become a subject matter expert on our team’s compensation reporting suite and engage with clients to deliver accurate reporting and address business questions, opportunities, and challenges.
- Help simplify and improve the way we do things with fresh ideas, strategy, design iteration and implementation to ensure our compensation programs, policies and processes align with business strategy and best practice
- Contribute to the EMEA Compensation Agenda including regulatory and region-specific compensation activities.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Relevant HR/Compensation or Finance experience, with strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and data/information management skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft applications; advanced understanding of Excel is critical. Knowledge of PeopleSoft and experience with Business Objects is preferred, but not required.
- High attention to detail and ability to convey a story through analysis and metrics.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and consulting skills; ability to drive business goals through HR / Compensation strategies in an innovative and creative way.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative and constantly evolving environment; ability to problem solve independently, perform under pressure, manage multiple priorities and cultivate strong partnerships.
- Ability to execute and sustain operational excellence incorporating appropriate controls.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Prior experience in the financial services industry is ideal