CIB Trading Services Senior Associate
Job Type: Full time
As a Trading Services Associate, you will be responsible for understanding trading structures to accurately capture all transactions, complete reconciliation checks and ensure controls are performed.
The Market Portfolio Management (MPM) Middle Office team’s main purpose is to centralize and standardize our compression effort as well as to ensure we continue to manage the balance sheet as efficiently as possible.
Our team is key in setting and enforcing the Business’ Compression and Optimization Agenda. In addition the team is tasked with executing all scheduled compression cycles, onboarding new vendors/ processes and promoting new compression initiatives.
Your role as a successful candidate will be to maintain significant interactions with a variety of business partners, trading desks, Front Office and other support groups.
- Working to CIB wide Balance Sheet targets: Global Systemically Important Banks (GSIB) and The Standardized Approach for Counterparty Credit Risk (SA-CCR).
- Ensuring J.P. Morgan is at the forefront in the Balance Sheet Reductions initiative within the industry.
- Work closely with the trading desks centralizing trade populations and executing compressions cycles across the risk management systems within the Global Rates & FX Business.
- Accurately capture and reconcile all transactions in the risk management systems and ensuring downstream teams/reconciliations are taken into consideration, when performing compression.
- Act as the first point of contact for the trading desk; work closely with the other business partners enforcing and improving the compression program.
- Accurately produce, reconcile and explain the desks trading Profit and Loss, Risk and Positions relating to any compression cycle.
- Perform key controls to ensure accuracy and regulatory compliance of the business and trading compression activities.
- Strong product knowledge on interest rate swaps, cross currency swaps, FRA, and other rates derivative products, trade support experience is a plus.
- Strong technical skills, such as Excel, VBA, Access.
- Ability to communicate across location.
- Experience in P&L, Risk & Compression.
- Display strong drive and enthusiasm, highly numerate and have strong analytical skill, highly self driven and proactive.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Great team player to work in the pressurized environment, able to meet tight deadlines on regular basis.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Adaptable to changing environment, ability to multi task and prioritize according to changing needs of the business.
- Ability to quickly absorb new information and incorporate changes in to existing processes.