DPS F&BM Planning & Analysis – Payments Technology Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Financial Analysis is responsible for partnering across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis, oversight, and coordination of budgeting and forecasting. Our Finance Management teams are responsible for a wide range of activities including financial control, forecasting and budgeting, analysis of financial metrics, delivery of weekly/monthly/quarterly management reporting, development of new reporting capabilities (e.g. dashboards), and advising Technology Managers and peers across Finance & Business Management of risks and opportunities.
You will be responsible for key financial measures such as, expenses, headcount, or financial and headcount modelling, where you will be expected to deliver value-added financial reporting and analysis, and assist with strategic direction and decision making. You will be expected to provide leadership across the finance teams, and interact regularly with the Technology Managers and peers across Finance & Business Management.
- Calculation and consolidation of the month-end results, the forecast for the remainder of the year, and the budget for future years
- Perform variance analysis to understand the key inputs of the results and provide commentary explaining changes from prior forecasts/budgets
- Produce weekly/monthly/quarterly and adhoc reporting of the results and inputs for senior management
- Enhance controls and streamline processes, introducing automation where possible
- Work on projects to drive global consistency and create synergies across the team
Required qualifications, capabilities & skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a subject of a technical nature
- Between 2 and 5 years of relevant experience in the Finance and Planning field
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint. Data automation and visualization tools skills will be considered a plus.
- Inquisitive, enthusiastic and diligent, and capable of challenging peers. Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex issues clearly.
- Highly motivated and able to thrive and think clearly under pressure and tight deadlines
- Integrity in handling highly sensitive and confidential information
- Team player with the ability to be respected as a trusted partner for the Business, Finance, and Finance - Planning & Analysis Teams