Trade & Working Capital – Payments - Export & Agency Finance - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Export & Agency Finance (“EAF”) structures, arranges and participates in agency-supported debt financing solutions for the firm’s clients. We partner with export credit agencies (“ECAs”), multilaterals agencies (“MLAs”) and development finance institutions (“DFIs”) (together, “Agency or Agencies”) to support our clients with financing structures that feature credit enhanced loans and/or direct loans. ECAs are established by governments to promote national exports - DFIs and MLAs are public financing institutions with economic development missions.
The EAF team interacts with client relationship management teams and product partners to provide Agency supported financing solutions for J.P. Morgan clients and the team operates across a range of industry segments working closely together to manage relationships with the Agencies, other bank partners and active borrowers of Agency-supported financing.
EAF has responsibility for the origination and execution of Agency supported financing with Agencies based around the globe – the client locations are global. There is a specific requirement for candidates from a legal background for this role.
- Contribute to deal life cycle: from execution and subsequent transition to portfolio management & support senior EAF transaction professionals globally in advancing the transaction deal life cycle, whilst working independently with minimal supervision.
- Example work streams include: structuring and documentation negotiations, internal deal memos and execution of documentation, restructuring post-signing
- Align with JPMorgan internal operating procedures and policies – run the execution process to ensure that all internal approval and process requirements are met & contribute to content development for internal & external thought leadership.
- Build & leverage internal network, principally with colleagues in Trade & Working Capital, Global Corporate Bank and Commercial Bank, as well as with Markets product partners and other functions within JPMorgan Payments, as appropriate
- Must be able to demonstrate hands-on experience in cross-border debt financing and originating, structuring, negotiating and executing documentation for complex financing structures.
- Able to refine important business communication and analytical skills and manage the process from documentation execution to financial close and gain understanding of institutional risk management policies and tools, as well as carry out analysis for comparing alternative financing structures.
- Develop relationship management proficiencies with internal and external clients as well a developing leadership skills by acting as a go-to person for certain aspects of deal management and develop familiarity with environmental, social and governance considerations surrounding international finance
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Legal qualification - Post Qualification Experience in private practice or in-house loans legal / export and agency finance role
- Experience in cross-border financing, structuring, negotiations and execution
- Familiarity with corporate finance through professional experience
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Project management capability
- High degree of professionalism
- European language skills would be an advantage (specifically, Italian or German language skills)