Public Cloud Lead Software Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We have an opportunity to impact your career and provide an adventure where you can push the limits of what's possible
As a Public Cloud Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase PCEA team, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As a core technical contributor, you are responsible for conducting critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives
- Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational stability of software applications and systems
- Leads evaluation sessions with external vendors, startups, and internal teams to drive outcomes-oriented probing of architectural designs, technical credentials, and applicability for use within existing systems and information architecture
- Leads communities of practice across Software Engineering to drive awareness and use of new and leading-edge technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal cloud training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, operational stability, scalability
- Advanced in one or more programming language(s) such as python, terraform.
- Proficiency in automation and continuous delivery methods
- Proficient in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Advanced understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Demonstrated knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., API development, AWS cloud, Kubernetes, CrossPlane etc.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Practical cloud native experience
You’ve got this!