Securities Services, Product Development, Depositary Services - Vice President
Job Type: Full time
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan delivers investor solutions that help clients protect their portfolios, optimize their efficiency and maximize opportunities in diverse global markets. Teams support clients across a global custody network spanning 100 markets, with custody and asset servicing, fund accounting and administration, alternative investment services, integrated analytics, agency lending, collateral management and depositary receipt solutions. Clients include asset and fund managers, asset owners, banks and broker-dealers, hedge funds and alternative investors, and insurance companies.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients guides everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
JPMorgan Securities Services is in the process of re-engineering core platforms. One business area in need of transformation is Depository Services, a product area which performs a critical risk and regulatory oversight function for Securities Services clients across multiple jurisdictions. This role is to be part of the core global Product Development team responsible for driving the strategic transformation of the Depository Services product, ensuring that key functions such as Due Diligence, Record Keeping & Asset Verification and Investment Compliance are performed in an optimal manner and ensuring a best-in-class client experience in delivering the service offering. You will have a primary focus on the Depository Services business, while also coordinating across the wider Securities Services organization to enable swift adoption of the platform and any required changes to operating models. Your completion of this multi-year initiative will allow the business to close product gaps, improve client experience, improve internal controls, reduce costs, and rapidly adapt to business and regulatory change. Importantly, this role will provide you with the foundational experience and cross-business visibility that can serve as a segue to additional transformation opportunities in the Securities Services Product Development organization
- Partner with product leads in Securities Services to design and deliver key elements of the strategic Depository Services platform
- Provide strong governance across all workstreams, ensuring all partners are aware of key business goals/outcomes
- Work with the Technology team in the development of the strategic platforms & partner with Operations to automate manual workflows
- Coordinate the user testing and rollout of agreed depo functionality and enhancements, managing feedback and implementing additional enhancements based on priorities.
- Manage effective working group meetings across Product, Operations and Technology to deliver on key services and tools
- Participate in and contribute to the broader Securities Services Custody Product Development team-wide forums to identify opportunities for improvement and present those ideas to senior management as well as look to identify control-gaps
Required Qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Ability to analyse and incorporate user needs, business needs, and technical constraints/opportunities into the product development process
- Experience of handling multiple priorities / deadlines without compromising quality
- The ability to define an appropriate product MVP and improve through feedback and iteration
- 7+ years in a Product Management, Product Development, Securities Services Operations, Treasury or Custody environment.
- Ability to manage and lead teams and be personally accountable for achieving key milestones.
- Be able to progress initiatives in a cross-functional and matrixed organizational model and guide product enhancements through required development, testing, and release management.
- Strong communication and influence management skills, ability to articulate complex ideas and analytics in a succinct way.
- A Key tenet of this role will be implementing strong governance regimes, ensuring the book of work is rigorously accounted for and appropriate controls & oversight are in place. The ideal candidate will have a governance background and a proven track record in the orchestration & administration of supervisory frameworks.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Global Custody Product expertise is a plus
- Previous Project management or Business Analyst experience would be an advantage
- Lead design workshops and brainstorming sessions – comfortable with public speaking