Quantitative Research – Big Macro – Fixed Income Financing - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
If you are passionate, curious, and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you.
This is an Associate level, analytics, automation and optimization role within the BIG Macro Quantitative Research (QR) AAO team at JP Morgan.
Data and analytics play critical roles for management in navigating today’s complex business environment. The role affords the new team member opportunities to work on cutting-edge data analytics and quantitative macro trading and sales optimization problems. The team's mission is to bring data-driven decision making and automation to the Macro business. This is a highly visible role within a specialized team of data analysts. The role will require analytical insight, strong data discipline, sound understanding of technology, strong business acumen, and an entrepreneurial spirit to execute and lead results. Strong communication skills and the ability to bridge the gap between technology and business users is a must.
- Work with the Fixed Income Financing Sales and Trading desks to understand critical metrics and relevance to their business strategy
- Understand and refine current data architectures to persist critical business data across all business lines
- Lead standardization across processes and reporting. Suggest and implement controls to improve efficiency & accuracy of existing processes
- Develop and enhance existing key management performance analytics and reporting
- Help develop predictive analytics to detect changes in data patterns that may be precursor to changes in our business
- Pro-actively leadadoption and rollout of business intelligence tools and data APIs.
- Develop and maintain models, methodologies and infrastructure to provide quantitative inputs to the FIF trading strategies and balance sheet management
- Develop data-driven decision making analytics with demonstrable impact
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- You demonstrate strong analytical skills, knowledge of Statistical Learning and its applications to Finance
- You have strong software development
- Preferable: knowledge of Financial Engineering and Fixed Income and Financing products
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written