Collateral Services - Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Collateral Services is a diverse, rapidly growing area offering a wide variety of Collateral based products to a varied client base ranging from the Broker Dealer groups to Hedge Funds, Pension Funds and Global Fund Managers. Our products are constantly developing to enable us to continue to be market leaders supporting new business opportunities and regulatory change. As part of this team, you will calculate, issue and agree margin calls with Brokers to mitigate credit risk exposures on behalf of our clients. You will also be exptected to agree and book collateral trades to satisfy incoming margin calls from Brokers.
The Collateral Services Operations function supports 3 main products:
Derivatives (CM), Securities Lending (Triparty) and Tri Party Repo (TPR). This role is within the Derivatives (CM) team.
- Liaise directly with our clients, their custodians and their Brokers on a daily basis via email and telephone.
- Perform daily reconciliations between systems and the market to ensure accurate record keeping and risk mitigation.
- Partner with internal groups within Collateral Services to provide a superb client experience that will assist in retaining current business and growing new client activity.
- Investigate and resolve portfolio issues that lead to disputed margin calls.
- The Collateral Management team provides a service to our wide range of clients across European working hours and is also required to work some UK Bank Holidays as governed by client requirements.
- There may be the potential for opportunities to travel both domestically and internationally once established in role.
Required qualifications, skills and capabilities
- Excellent Client Service skills
- Numeracy skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand complex models within financial sphere
- Problem solving and data analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and to work under pressure and ability to work under own initiative but as part of a large team
Preferred qualifications, skills and capabilities
- Educated to at least A level standard or equivalent – education within subjects relating to finance favorable – e.g. Maths, Economics etc.
- Experience within Collateral or Derivatives is favorable