CIB Technology Strategy Execution – Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Strategic Execution team is used to promote and adopt best practices and drive and direct forums to promote dialogue and information sharing. The team is also working closely with the LOB tech teams to co-author strategy papers, vision documents, and opinion papers to amplify ideas and innovation across the tech community. Our goal is to accelerate strategic priorities while working alongside the CIB Lines of Businesses and the new Public Cloud Adoption organization, apply our breadth of knowledge and experience to provide transparency to senior leadership and enable data-driven decision making. We partner with teams across LOBs, Global Technology, Data, Digital and Operations functions to identify and solve complex problems and implementation issues critical to the success of our strategy. We’re looking for a VP candidate with a strong technology background and an with exposure to modern technologies such as Cloud, AI/ML, Application & Infrastructure Modernization, FinOps and Site Reliability Engineering.
- Thought Leadership
- “Own” day-to-day project management and delivery of entire engagement and impactful recommendations and provide coaching to client teams as they implement recommendations
- Scope problems, identify major issues and actionable opportunities, design solutions, and quantify potential bottom-line financial impact
- Work with team to develop work plans to test / evaluate strategies and insights which could span process improvement, organizational change, and functional strategy efforts
- Investigation of legacy systems with the view to making recommendations on how best to reduce CIB’s technical debt
- Identify and express views on how external vendors could accelerate specific priorities
- Contribute to authoring or strategy papers, vision documents, and opinion papers
- Client Leadership
- Develop deep trust-based advisor relationships with key client stakeholders and ensure client is satisfied throughout engagement
- Lead interview campaigns, working sessions, and senior client presentations; maintain composure and presence in difficult client meets
- Team Leadership
- Provide local leadership for the London based team
- Lead one or more client projects, including managing multiple associates / analysts across several workstreams
- Collaborate with your team to build hypothesis sets, analyses, and roadmaps for solutions
- Identify potential roadblocks / obstacles and escalate issues as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 8+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with public cloud architecture, cloud strategy, migration patterns and tools.
- Knowledge of cloud cost models with experience implementing best practices or suggested improvements.
- Experience re-architecting applications for cloud platforms.
- Strong client management skills and executive-level communication skills. ability to hold detailed technical conversations about legacy and modern technologies e,g, Cloud, Big Data, AI/ML and SRE
- Ability to handle multiple work streams and manage stakeholder expectations, Ability to work collaboratively with team members and stakeholders
- Advanced ability to quickly derive patterns and insights from data and analysis
- Any certification on AWS will be a plus