International Asset & Liability Management Risk – Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the centre of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks, and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
We are looking to hire a Vice President to join our Asset & Liability Management (ALM) Risk function, based in London. You will be responsible for liquidity and structural interest rate risk related matters, including monitoring, forecasting, reporting, policy setting and regulatory risk management for legal entities based in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa).
- Identify, assess and monitor liquidity and interest rate risks related to JPM’s business activities, which include banking products, trading products and off balance sheet activities
- Review regulatory and internal stress scenarios through back-testing and consider lessons learned from recent market trends and specific events. These risks are assessed both at the JPM firmwide level and also at the standalone legal entity level
- Your coverage will include multiple legal entities across multiple jurisdictions, and you will lead regular dialogue with other departments and senior management within JPM, as well as with external regulators where required
- You may oversee work performed by junior members of the team
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant professional experience related to financial services, preferably in banking industry as you will need to be familiar with financial market trends and events
- Strong, clear, and concise written and verbal communication with the ability to edit and prepare executive level communications as you will be representing the team in senior committees and external regulators
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong partnerships
- Experience in Risk Management, with a wide range of experience with quantitative, financial and risk management techniques & systems preferred
- Intellectual curiosity with a proven ability to learn quickly. Understanding of liquidity and interest rate risk requirements under Basel is preferred but not a requirement