Credit Risk Management Tech - London (C++)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Join a team that design and deliver front office software solutions for EOD risk management analysis for the Credit Trading Business
You’re ready to gain the skills and experience needed to grow within your role and advance your career — and we have the perfect software engineering opportunity for you.
As a C++ Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase working on a system migrating to Python, you are part of an agile team that works to enhance, design, and deliver the software components of the firm’s state-of-the-art technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As an emerging member of a software engineering team, you execute software solutions through the design, development, and technical troubleshooting of multiple components within a technical product, application, or system, while gaining the skills and experience needed to grow within your role.
- Develop risk management systems for end of day business needs for Bond and Credit Derivatives products
- Develop innovative software solutions to deliver scalable front office facing risk management services
- Designs, develops, codes, and troubleshoots with consideration of upstream and downstream systems and technical implications
- Creative, quick-thinking, pragmatic, with an aptitude for solving problems and an ability to quickly translate demands into sound technical requirements.
- Applies technical troubleshooting to break down solutions and solve technical problems of basic complexity
- Learns and applies system processes, methodologies, and skills for the development of secure, stable code and systems
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Demonstratable ability to code in one or more languages
- Experience across the whole Software Development Life Cycle
- Curiosity to learn financial markets products.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience in building systems in the python language
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Knowledge of Credit or similar financial markets products