Global Equities – Capital/RWA Financial Reporting - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You will be involved in Financial Reporting for the Global Equities Trading Business, with a specific focus on Capital and RWA. The Equities Business is a global leader which spans a wide product set and structures (groups), such as the Equity Derivatives Group, Cash Equity Securities, and the Prime Brokerage Business.
You’ll join the Global Equities Capital/RWA Reporting team where you will be responsible for the timely and accurate Capital/RWA submissions for the Line of Business, as part of the broader Equities Product Control team within the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Finance and Business Management (F&BM) organisation. You’ll also be responsible for understanding and monitoring the Global Equities Capital/RWA results.
The role will provide you with an excellent foundation in understanding the business and products traded, and how this is presented within the Capital and RWA framework, as well as the opportunity to partner with the business to apply your knowledge as you become more experienced.
- Oversee and be accountable for the quality of key Capital/RWA Reporting submissions for the Equities Business globally
- Interact with Front Office, CIB Treasury Controllers, Basel Measurement & Analytics, & PnL/Risk Product Controllers, ensuring accurate reporting for Capital/RWA Submissions
- Responsible for the production of Capital/RWA deliverables, performing consistency checks, roll forwards, and completing data quality checklists and analytical reviews
- Work with the business to ensure that they fully understand developments in the Capital/RWA framework and priorities
- Provide Capital/RWA guidance for products, liaise with CIB Treasury/ Basel Measurement & Analytics and ensure we are proactive and adherent to Capital/RWA requirements, external regulatory requirements and accounting standards
- Identify and progress process improvement and re-engineering opportunities (using data analytics tools such as Alteryx and Tableau), and ensure all processes have sufficient controls in place that are robust, documented, and transparent
- Enhance Capital/RWA reporting to provide greater transparency to senior management and the business
Required Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills
- Capability to summarise complex information and deliver it at a business executive level
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent relationship building skills, and comfortable with key business contacts and stakeholders
- Positive can-do attitude, looking to add value across the breadth of the business
- Ability to multi-task with prioritising deadlines and competing requirements
- Control/efficiency mindset, with strong analytical skills
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills
- Good understanding of Capital/RWA, Accounting, Product and Risk
- Previous Experience in an Investment Banking environment
- Alteryx/Tableau experience