Python / Spark Big Data Software Engineer III
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Python / Spark Big Data Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within the Capital Reporting product, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development
- Proactively identifies hidden problems and patterns in data and uses these insights to drive improvements to coding hygiene and system architecture
- Contributes to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a cloud or microservice architecture.
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Skilled with Python or PySpark
- Exposure to cloud technologies (Airflow, Astronomer, Kubernetes, AWS, Spark, Kafka)
- Experience with Big Data solutions or Relational DB.
- Experience in Financial Service Industry is a bonus.