Global Sales and Marketing - Derivatives Clearing Sales - Vice President or Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
If you are passionate, curious, and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you.
Derivatives Clearing Sales team is responsible for selling J.P. Morgan’s Cleared Derivatives platform and market leading thought leadership to some of the largest global Asset Managers, Banks, Insurers, Corporates and Financial Institutions across EMEA. The team has overall responsibility for identifying strategic target clients, pitching the firm’s unique offering as well as maintaining existing relationships across the client base. We are continuously striving to maintain our number one position in our product.
We are looking for experienced -Vice President or Executive Director to join Derivatives Clearing Sales team in London.
We are seeking a commercial, entrepreneurial and strategic thinker. Eloquent and engaging public speaker with the emotional intelligence to navigate a wide variety of client types across multiple regions. Finally, someone with the intellectual curiosity to understand the constantly evolving Cleared Derivatives market structure landscape.
Client interaction is central to what we do and paramount to our success as a sales team. The interaction takes place across a variety of client types, countries and levels of seniority. Due to the nature of Cleared Derivatives relationships, effective client interactions are deep rooted and longstanding.
Combination of longer-term strategic pitches as well as opportunistic origination of more immediate sales opportunities. While client demands can be fast-paced and requiring of a quick turnaround , the sales approach often requires a more strategic and creative approach to a client’s individual trading requirements.
- Responsible for scoping out new clients/segments, leading the commercial and credit negotiations for mandated clients and for maintaining and growing revenues from existing clients.
- Interacting with Derivatives Clearing Product stakeholders to complete Risk, Capital and Commercial analysis on prospective client portfolios. Working with Account Management and Sales on strategic market analysis to seek out opportunities.
Most challenging part of working on this desk is navigating a series of market, credit risk and capital considerations in order to compose an attractive commercial proposal upon which to execute.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- You are commercial thinker & strong communicator
- You are intellectually curious
- You demonstrate a numerical and analytical mindset
- Meticulous and a keen eye for detail
- You are confident networker
- You demonstrate a strong problem solving skills
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.