Global Security - Global Intelligence – Head of Security Business Intelligence, Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Global Security protects the firm's employees and assets throughout the world. This responsibility includes the development of security and safety policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative compliance, global intelligence, security operations on a global basis to include ATM, branch and corporate building security and customer safety, executive protection, pre-employment screening, fraud investigations and technical security. This mission is executed through the implementation of technology, best-in-class talent, and client collaboration.
Global Security’s Global Intelligence team proactively tracks existing and emerging threats across the globe and delivers predictive, actionable intelligence and analysis to help secure the firm’s people, technology, facilities and reputation. This position oversees Global Intelligence’s Security Business Intelligence portfolio, running a team that provides intelligence support and enhanced due diligence to JPMC’s Lines of Business globally.
In this position you will be responsible for overseeing analysts working in our Security Business Intelligence function, working with internal partners and third parties to conduct enhanced due diligence on entities deemed to be of higher risk to the firm. You will maintain key responsibility for liaising with our partners in the Lines of Business to solicit data and intelligence requirements, properly scope deliverables, and ensure internal client satisfaction with Security Business Intelligence analysis.
You will have a high degree of analytic ability and drive, critical thinking skills, project management experience, people management experience, exposure to operational security, and a demonstrated capacity to manage multiple vendors simultaneously. You will be able to develop and employ innovative methods to address complex, globally dispersed and multidimensional business challenges to produce proactive and reliable assessments. You will be technically savvy, able to deal with and work through ambiguity, exhibit flexibility needed to shift workload in accordance with changing priorities, be comfortable leading processes in a priority-driven environment, and be prepared to brief senior firm leadership. Lastly, you will possess strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain high-level relationships and serve in a leadership role.
- Serve in a critical coordination role using intelligence and analysis to reduce client-related risks.
- Support senior management updates and brief key assessments to senior leadership.
- Oversee analysts working in Global Intelligence’s Security Business Intelligence program.
- Develop strategic plans and drive operational integration with other Global Intelligence functions, to include our geopolitical analysis and OSINT sub-programs.
- Deliver analytical assessments in clear, succinct, and appropriately caveated products that project credibility, convey recommendations, and reinforce key messages.
- Drive methodological innovation in the Security Business Intelligence portfolio.
- Manage multiple vendors globally.
- Serve in a key leadership role in advancing Global Security’s Line of Business-facing intelligence strategy as part of Global Intelligence’s leadership team.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Extensive experience in performing ground- and/or OSINT-based intelligence collection in multiple areas of the world.
- Demonstrated experience conducting investigative work, intelligence analysis, and/or data analysis related to security threats.
- Experience in using data and analysis to reduce client-driven risks.
- Experience in leading projects, with focus on program governance and documentation of procedures.
- Demonstrated experience liaising with Legal and Compliance functions, or their equivalent.
- Ability to drive complex projects and manage programs in a demanding customer environment that may require off-hours responses.
- Experience in developing and handling executive communication (written and verbal).
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Demonstrated negotiation and influence skills with all levels of an organization and in multiple geographies simultaneously.
- Experience with the vendor management lifecycle.
- Undergraduate degree in Political Science, Data Science, Psychology, International Affairs, Cyber Security, or related discipline required; Master's degree in a related field desired.
- Prior experience in banking—particularly on the client-facing side—a plus, as is knowledge of industry trends.
- Experience in the public sector Intelligence Community, law enforcement, private sector investigations or the military a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and data visualization tools.