Full Stack Software Engineer III (Java / AWS)
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer III (Java / AWS) at JPMorgan Chase with in Public cloud enablement & adoption team, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems.
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems.
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development.
- Gathers, analyses, synthesizes, and develops visualizations and reporting from large, diverse data sets in service of continuous improvement of software applications and systems.
- Proactively identifies hidden problems and patterns in data and uses these insights to drive improvements to coding hygiene and system architecture.
- Data ingestion solutions built on Python or Java, data transform and EMR pipelines built on AWS (S3, Redshift, Athena, Glue), API design. Designing, building and delivering solutions that help application teams manage their cloud spend and optimize their operational cost efficiency
- Web application development with HTML5 frameworks like React and services frameworks like Spring Boot (Java 11+), End-to-end automated testing (e.g. Cypress, JUnit, Selenium) , Jenkins, Terraform, Cloud platform health monitoring and alerting with DataDog or similar
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience.
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability.
- Proficient in coding in one or more languages.
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages.
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- AWS Developer and/or Solutions Architect certification
- Experience in hybrid cloud environment, embedded in a DevOps / FinOps.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies, Exposure to cloud technologies
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders, A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude
- An innate curiosity and interest in continuously improving practices and skills
- Degree in Computer Science, software engineering or a related field or equivalent industry experience, FinOps.org certification.
You’ve got this!