Cloud Senior Lead Software Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Be an integral part of an agile team that's constantly pushing the envelope to enhance, build, and deliver top-notch technology products.
As a Cloud Senior Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase Enterprise Technology team, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. Drive significant business impact through your capabilities and contributions, and apply deep technical expertise and problem-solving methodologies to tackle a diverse array of challenges that span multiple technologies and applications.
- Regularly provides technical guidance and direction to support the business and its technical teams, contractors, and vendors
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Drives decisions that influence the product design, application functionality, and technical operations and processes
- Serves as a function-wide subject matter expert in one or more areas of focus
- Actively contributes to the engineering community as an advocate of firmwide frameworks, tools, and practices of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Influences peers and project decision-makers to consider the use and application of leading-edge technologies
- Adds to the team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts applied experience.
- Familiarity with a public cloud provider (Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Ability to tackle design and functionality problems independently with little to no oversight.
- Hands on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- A solid understanding of modern application infrastructure design and non-functional requirements (security, performance, scalability, availability, etc)
- Proficient in one or more programming language(s) such as Java, Python, Terraform.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Hands on experience with a public cloud provider (Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Familiarity with Hashicorp products
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and API development in context of public cloud.
- Understanding of public cloud architectures patterns for identity, networking or logging.