Cloud Software Engineer III
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
As a Cloud Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase Enterprise Technology Team, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Creates secure and high-quality production level code.
- Contributes to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
- Participate in planning, code and design review sessions for Azure public cloud.
- Involvement in promoting Azure public cloud adoption and usage within wider organization.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Proficient in coding in one or more languages such as Java, Python, Terraform.
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Exposure to cloud technologies (Azure, AWS or GCP) via hands on experience or certification.
- Familiarity with Hashicorp products
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and API development in context of public cloud.
You’ve got this!