Mainframe SRE Engineer - Associate - Hybrid Working
Job Type: Full time
About the Team
The Global Environment Management (GEM) team is a growing organisation of support staff, application developers, site reliability engineers and business analysts, responsible for environment management support and development activities across the JPMorgan Corporate and Investment Bank.
Our vision is to “Strike the perfect balance between supporting rapid change and delivering production stability” and our mission is to “Provide best-in-class environment build, automation, support and monitoring development services to our stakeholders and clients”
With ongoing investment in research and development being a core value of the GEM team, we balance innovation of our tools and products with delivery of them through our twenty-four hour support services.
Providing a diverse range of career paths and opportunities, the Global Environment Management team will support your growth as you help to support our environments.
Job Description & Objectives of this Role
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
The Custody & Fund Service Environment Management Analyst role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages – JCL, CICS.
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Mainframe experience including TSO, JCL and REXX. Control-M, CA7 Scheduler.
- Should have ADABAS/NATURAL, COBOL, CICS, JCL
- Should have significant work experience in any of the DB areas, IMS DC or CICS experience
- Should have worked on any version control tool (Endevor/Change man) or debugging tool (Xpediter /Intertest), File -Manager, File -Aid etc.
- Working with the local Environment Management team manager to create, implement and improve environments, processes, procedures and tools.
- Vendor management activities – including the on-boarding of L1 support activities to an offshore vendor.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with Application Development, QA, business and other technical teams (GSO/GTI).
- Acting a point of escalation for users of the environments supported by the Investor Services Environment Support team
- Advantageous to have Knowledge of Dynatrace, AppDynamics or other business transaction monitoring tools and methodologies
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
© 2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.