Country Risk Management - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. In Country Risk Management, you will be part of a team that manages the firm’s risk across the world, helping to guide the firm’s trading, funding, underwriting and credit extension in over 120 countries. The team measures exposure and stress loss in each country across all of the firm’s activities, and sets limits to help manage this risk. You will get to know the relevant sovereign risk dynamics in these countries (economic, political, fiscal, monetary, etc.), and help to manage country crises when they occur.
In this role, you will work across Country Risk Management to enhance the team’s output and continue to deliver best-in-class solutions for Country Risk Management, the Board and C-Suite Executives. This will include:
- Improving our data-driven risk insights in terms of visual impact, timeliness, scope, depth and granularity – as well as our ability to transform data and customize outputs quickly
- Applying geopolitical and economic subject matter expertise on countries in focus due to geopolitical or macroeconomic tensions to prepare analysis for senior stakeholders; drawing conclusions and assessing strategy-based analysis.
- Partnering with other Risk stripes, corporate functions (e.g. Finance, Legal) and business colleagues to drive integration where possible with their data insights
- Developing strategic stress approaches; educating internal stakeholders on stress analysis and framework
- Articulating the impact of current events, issues, trends, and changing industry practices on products, policy, risk tolerance and first-line units
- Owning analysis for high profile risk items for Board and C-Suite stakeholders
- Contributing to other projects, limit management, technology, audit and regulatory requests as needed
We are looking for someone excited to join our organization. If you meet the minimum requirements below, you are encouraged to apply to be considered for this role.
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in International Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, Computer Science or some similar discipline involving data
- A few years of professional experience related to financial services, with risk management experience desirable but not mandatory
- Strong, clear, and concise written and verbal communication with ability to edit and prepare executive level communications
- Strategic mindset; outstanding judgment, problem solving ability and resourcefulness.
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strong data visualization skills, with Tableau experience preferred; Alteryx knowledge also desirable