Senior Front End Engineer, Mobile
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are not your standard bank, we are an innovation hub. We are part of the team that launched Chase as a new UK bank in 2021, and are now starting on a new initiative with big ambitions. More details will be provided during the interview but for now we can enthusiastically say: It’s challenging, it’s high stakes, it’s fun!
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture. We have created a new organisation with diverse professionals that come from a wide set of skills, backgrounds and experiences, including top tech giants, blockchain innovators and FinTech unicorns.
Team members have autonomy to collaborate and work in a cross-functional way. We value your opinion in every matter. Our inclusive culture is hugely important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, compassionate people who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. We are about bringing new products to market that solve real-world problems for real-life customers, not just innovation for the sake of innovation. We are human first; we love working with each other, and we need personal connections and in-person bonding. We find we are happier, more motivated
and more productive this way. If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of we’d encourage you to read on and apply
This is a hands-on role for a senior engineer who wants to be part of flat-structure organisation and influence the design & development of a green-field initiative.
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end process developing Android and iOS mobile apps for a new venture, leveraging the latest technologies and the best industry practices
- You will shape the design and participate in the implementation of the app
- You will build and ship new features to create a functional and engaging experience that will delight our users
- You will design, review, write and test code - this is hands-on engineering role, and you will be directly involved in all steps of the process
- You will build for resilience and reliability, ensuring consideration for ongoing maintenance requirements
- You will mentor and provide feedback to teammates to build a strong engineering culture
What we expect
We’d like you to have extensive experience with mobile app development, both as a team lead and as an individual contributor. In particular:
- Strong React Native experience
- Experience in a full TypeScript codebase
- A deep understanding of mobile stability and monitoring
- Strong experience writing clean, testable, high-quality code and designing highly scalable systems in production
- Native application development across Android / iOS in Kotlin / Swift
- Solid understanding of API architectural patterns
- Writing and architecting tests across different levels
- Familiarity with build pipelines and tools
We’d also like you to have a few key personal skills. Every organisation has its own culture, and we want you to be successful in ours.
- A desire to teach others and share knowledge. We aren’t looking for hero developers, more for team players. We want you to coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns.
- Comfortable in uncharted waters. We are building something new. Things change quickly. We need you to learn technologies and patterns quickly.
- Ability to see the long term. We don’t want you to sacrifice the future for the present. We want you to choose technologies and approaches based on the end goals.
- High standards. We are looking for people who expect personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Clarity of thought. We operate quickly and efficiently, and we value people who are economical with their time and clear with their opinions.
- Comfortable working within a geographically distributed team
Technologies we use
- We primarily use React Native (TypeScript) to build universal applications across Android, iOS and web
- We look to use Open source/SaaS when it makes sense and build ourselves when it doesn't
- We are entirely cloud native and want to build a truly multi-cloud solution
- We look at each problem independently and pick the right technology to solve it
- We aren’t afraid to try new things but we always remember that we are looking to build something to last, and we focus on solving real world problems for real life customers