Product Control - Project Manager - Associate
Job Type: Full time
If you are an organised individual with an eye for detail, who has an inquisitive mind that likes to understand how processes work and is constantly looking for continuous improvement this could be the role for you.
You will be part of the Investment and Corporate Bank product control function, with your focus being on the project agenda to create value by delivering tangible improvements to systems and processes. This will involve working with partners in London, New York, Hong Kong, Sao Paulo, and Mumbai to document the current process and develop requirements for our technology partners that will allow them to create new and improved functionality in a range of platforms.
- Lead projects and take accountability for delivering the change agenda.
- Managing change requests from Product Control and negotiating prioritisation.
- Own the annual book of work and partnering with technology to create the plan for next 12 months.
- Understand and document “user stories”, to enable challenges to be accurately captured.
- Manage testing from script creation, tracking defects, through to sign off, implementation and regression testing.
- Partner with Billing and Product Control to ensure orderly implementation of new policies and standards (e.g., PC Standards, LE Standards, Accountability Standards).
- Develop in-depth understanding of Banking financial architecture and process flows to support automation.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Relevant experience of financial services, with product knowledge of a CIB line of business.
- A self-motivated individual who can deliver with minimal supervision, whilst also working effectively as part of a team.
- Inquisitive mindset that is comfortable with ambiguity and happy to challenge to status quo.
- Well organised with ability to run meetings, document next steps, and hold people to account.
- Experience of documenting business requirements, functional specifications, processes, or system flows.
- Ability to create written presentations to a high standard and confidence to deliver the message to senior stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with a strong focus on controls.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Confident communicating and influencing stakeholders at a variety of levels
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills and previous experience with intelligent solutions desirable (Alteryx / Tableau / UI Path etc)
- Previous Project Management experience and/or a formal qualification (Prince 2 / PMP) a plus.