International Consumer Banking, Compliance Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
International Consumer Banking is the newest JPMC line of business building a digital banking proposition to offer consumer banking outside of the US. As International Consumer Banking grows and develops its business, it is, supported by a diverse team of Compliance professionals. The Compliance function has a robust set of priorities in place focused on best practice and employee development to ensure goals are delivered.
You will be joining the Chase UK Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risk team based in either London or Edinburgh, providing Compliance coverage on retail financial services matters to JPMC. JPMC launched Chase UK in 2021 and since then it has grown to a retail bank with over 1.5 million customers offering current accounts and savings. The bank intends to launch lending products and offer a fuller range of services offered by UK retail banks. The successful candidate will lead a team in its oversight of International Consumer Banking. You will need to report to relevant governance committees and/or senior management in relation to any risks as well as designing and executing risk mitigation strategies. You may also need to develop and conduct training and manage internal audit and relevant regulatory exams.
If you are a team player who is able to work independently within a dynamic, fast-paced environment and have experience in a UK retail bank focusing on governance, regulation, finance, risk or audit – this team and role will be the right one for you.
- Provision of advice regarding compliance with on a wide range of UK regulatory and firm policy topics with a particular focus on consumer credit
- Assistance with implementation of new regulatory initiatives impacting the relevant products
- Review and complete the risk assessments for the relevant products
- Review of new business initiatives and assessment of their regulatory impact on the relevant products
- Assistance in the development and delivery of compliance training
- Identify and undertake or oversee compliance monitoring activities, including raising and communicating identified issues, and support compliance testing.
- Participate in management and governance meetings (where appropriate)
- Work closely with the broader global Compliance team ensuring consistency
- Manage one or more junior team members involved in the above responsibilities
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Significant experience in a Control, Compliance, Risk or Audit related environment within a UK retail banking environment.
- Excellent knowledge of consumer lending regulations in the UK marketplace
- Experience of working with non-UK based financial services organisations and non-UK based regulators.
- Demonstrate an ability to interpret regulations and regulatory requirements.
- Be comfortable interacting with, and presenting to, senior business management and control functions.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Excellent organizational skill and the ability to manage, prioritise, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, in particular, being able to effectively communicate clearly and concisely
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and strong partnership with senior business/compliance partners.
- High energy and ability to execute in deadline-driven environment.
- Self-directed, proactive, and creative: uses sound judgment and navigates ambiguity to get things done with limited direction, supervision, or resources.
- Flexible to changing business priorities and ability to multitask in a constantly changing environment.