Senior Lead Software Engineer - Python
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Be an integral part of an agile team that's constantly pushing the envelope to enhance, build, and deliver top-notch technology products.
As a Python Senior Lead Software Engineer in Wholesale Credit Risk at JPMorgan Chase, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. Drive significant business impact through your capabilities and contributions, and apply deep technical expertise and problem-solving methodologies to tackle a diverse array of challenges that span multiple technologies and applications.
- Regularly provides technical guidance and direction to support the business and its technical teams, contractors, and vendors
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Drives decisions that influence the product design, application functionality, and technical operations and processes
- Serves as a function-wide subject matter expert in one or more areas of focus
- Actively contributes to the engineering community as an advocate of firmwide frameworks, tools, and practices of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Influences peers and project decision-makers to consider the use and application of leading-edge technologies
- Work with technology teams and data scientists to integrate models into production.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and advanced applied experience
- Experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical field
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Advanced in one or more programming language(s): Python & Java
- Advanced knowledge of software applications and technical processes with considerable in-depth knowledge in one or more technical disciplines (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- Ability to tackle design and functionality problems independently with little to no oversight
- Practical cloud native experience
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience working with AWS
- Previous experience working with Data Scientists
- Experience with Spark configurations