Java Full Stack Software Engineer III
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Java full stack Software Engineer III at JP Morgan Chase within the Digital Documents Services team, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems.
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems.
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development.
- Gathers, analyzes, synthesizes, and develops visualizations and reporting from large, diverse data sets in service of continuous improvement of software applications and systems.
- Proactively identifies hidden problems and patterns in data and uses these insights to drive improvements to coding hygiene and system architecture.
- Writes secure and high-quality code using the syntax of at least one programming language with limited guidance, applies knowledge of tools within the Software Development Life Cycle toolchain to improve the value realized by automation.
- Build Microservices that will run on the bank’s internal cloud and the public cloud platform.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and proven applied experience.
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability.
- Proficient in coding in one or more languages.
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages.
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience writing well-tested, secure, and readable code in Java
- Familiarity with RESTful web service development using Spring Boot or a similar framework.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Hands-on experience of cloud-native architectures and infrastructure.
- Practical understanding of containerized application development and deployment (using Docker, Kubernetes, etc).
- Experience with component-based web UI frameworks such as ReactJS, Angular or Vue.js.
- Experience working as part of an agile, user-centric product team.
You’ve got this!