Global Credit Trading - Emerging Markets Credit Trader - Associate or Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the London Emerging Markets Credit Trading Desk. The EM Credit Markets franchise is a leading market maker in Emerging Markets credit derivatives, sovereign, and corporate bonds. J.P. Morgan provides financial assets and liquidity for banks, insurance companies, finance companies, mutual funds and hedge funds. Traders, sales people and research analysts work collectively to generate ideas and make secondary markets in high grade/high yield bonds/CDS, distressed bonds, trade claims, indices, exotics, and illiquid credits.
- Market Making in Sovereign, Quasi-Sovereign and Corporate bonds and CDS
On-going monitoring / risk management of existing trade inventory (Cash & CDS)
- Book running/risk management solutions
- Engage sales people and/or client to provide axes, market colour, etc.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Credit trading experience required
- In-depth knowledge of the emerging markets space
- Strong analytical & communication skills
- Bachelors or equivalent in an analytical subject, i.e., Maths, Economics, etc.
This role encompasses the performance of regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the relevant regulatory authorities to carry out such activities.