CIB Credit Risk – Project Finance & Infrastructure – Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Credit Risk Infrastructure & Project Finance team is responsible for lending activities and related credit exposures. The team structures transactions, negotiates documentation, conducts due diligence on transactions/clients and underwrites credit exposures. As a member of the global team, you will be responsible for client types spanning multiple industries (incl. energy/power and transportation) across developed and emerging markets. Members will lead the preparation of credit memos, structuring complex deals, providing credit approvals as well as portfolio management activities. The team works closely with Business partners including the Global Corporate Bank, Investment Banking, Infrastructure Financing & Advisory, Markets, and other stakeholders including Legal.
You will be exposed to a wide variety of client types spanning multiple industries and exercise analytical skills to assess the risks in highly structured project financings and infrastructure transactions.
- Conduct due diligence on projects including credit, technical and market analysis, and financial modelling to assess the creditworthiness of counterparties and make rating and approval recommendations
- Analyze risks, identify mitigants and recommend structures which protect the firm’s interests in various structured transactions
- Work closely with Business partners and be actively involved in the structuring, negotiation and execution of agreements
- Conduct portfolio management activities, including amendment and waiver requests, and monitor credits periodically by performing credit reviews, industry analysis and monitor limits
- Work closely with junior team members, providing guidance and acting as the senior transactor
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Extensive work experience in financial services with prior experience in Project Finance/Infrastructure and Credit Risk
- Strong sector experience across energy and infrastructure assets (including telco infrastructure such as data centers or fiber would be advantageous) with good knowledge of technical aspects and project documents
- Strong credit analysis skills, familiarity with financial statements and strong financial modelling skills. Experience in structuring, negotiating and executing highly structured deals
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently whilst being able to work effectively in a team environment. Ability to learn quickly with a high level of attention to detail