Global Shares Software Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Global Shares, a J.P. Morgan company, is a leading cloud-based provider of share plan management software. Global Shares’ employee ownership solutions cover the entire company lifecycle and cater to corporates worldwide.
As an experienced Software Engineer, you will work in a dynamic, agile team to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. Depending on the team that you join, you could be developing mobile features that give our customers and clients more control over how they bank with us, strategizing on how big data can make our trading systems quicker, creating the next innovation in payments for merchants, or supporting the integration of our private and public cloud platforms.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- This is a varied role in a fast paced, agile/scrum environment.
- You will be required to work on your own initiative and produce robust, high quality code under the guidance of the other developers within the team. Ensure all QA procedures are satisfied in terms of process and documentation.
- Develop new features within the application.
- Fix bugs assigned to you by the development manager.
- The software team produces high quality web applications for participants and administrators of Equity/Share plans, across multiple countries and languages.
- We use some of the latest Microsoft technologies, and aim to keep the team up-to-date with new technology releases.
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing and operational stability
- Experience in developing, debugging and maintaining code in an enterprise environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency and Security