Cloud Senior Lead Software Engineer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Be an integral part of an agile team that's constantly pushing the envelope to enhance, build, and deliver top-notch technology products.
Become an integral part of a new team looking to push the envelope to enhance, build, and deliver technology solutions within Azure public cloud. Get involved in building out an entirely new secure and compliant cloud platform from its origin to production – supporting Azure workloads from Kubernetes to ChatGPT.
As a Cloud Senior Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase Enterprise Technology team, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. Drive significant business impact through your capabilities and contributions, and apply deep technical expertise and problem-solving methodologies to tackle a diverse array of challenges that span multiple technologies and applications.
- Regularly provides technical guidance and direction to support the business and its technical teams, contractors, and vendors
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Drives decisions that influence the product design, application functionality, and technical operations and processes
- Serves as a function-wide subject matter expert in one or more areas of focus
- Actively contributes to the engineering community as an advocate of firmwide frameworks, tools, and practices of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Influences peers and project decision-makers to consider the use and application of leading-edge technologies
- Adds to the team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts applied experience.
- Familiarity with a public cloud provider (Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Ability to tackle design and functionality problems independently with little to no oversight.
- Hands on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- A solid understanding of modern application infrastructure design and non-functional requirements (security, performance, scalability, availability, etc)
- Proficient in one or more programming language(s) such as Java, Python, Terraform.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Hands on experience with a public cloud provider (Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Familiarity with Hashicorp products
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and API development in context of public cloud.
- Understanding of public cloud architectures patterns for identity, networking or logging.