EMEA Commercial Bank International (CBI), Network Group – Associate - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About Commercial Bank International
The EMEA CBI is part of the Commercial Bank at JPMorgan Chase that focuses solely on European subsidiaries of US companies with whom we have a banking relationship in the US, and who require traditional banking services in Europe, Middle East and Africa. Our competitive advantage is that we cover this market through a partnership with our global bankers who build relationships with our clients and offer customized financial solutions. This approach brings together integrated banking solutions ranging from cash management to raising capital and structuring complicated financial solutions. Other products that we provide include loan syndications, working capital financing, asset based financing, derivatives and foreign exchange.
About the team
The EMEA network team is a group of talented individuals that focus on serving the core portfolio of clients in Commercial Bank International. Many of our clients have a single point of contact in the EMEA region who works closely with their US counterparts, along with the JPM International Product Specialists in the US, to determine the best global treasury solutions. The Network team’s objective is to act as a valued relationship manager helping the client to navigate J.P. Morgan. Network ICEs work to incubate key future clients of the firm as they grow and as their businesses change; the aim is to ensure that these clients see J.P. Morgan is a valued advisor and first point of contact for new business. Network is a large portfolio representing around 80% of the clients in CBI EMEA and annual revenues in excess of $80mm.
This position will be primarily focused on: servicing the specific cash management needs of the bank’s existing network clients; relationship management; helping our colleagues to manage on-boarding & ramping of new business mandates from clients; as well asworking in close partnership with US origination teams i.e. International Product Specialists (IPSs), US Bankers (Middle Market Bankers) and other Product Specialists from across the Firm to identify and support the broader banking needs and requirements of CB clients.
The Network Associate will work with professionals across the business and within the broader bank as they manage relationships with Middle Market Banking Bankers & clients.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for candidates to:
- Gain exposure to solving client issues and relationship management
- Develop expertise in managing cross region client dialogue and how to have difficult client conversations
- Hone negotiation, client sales and credit skills
- Build knowledge of commercial treasury management products and services
- Cover the UK client contact base and travel as required
Core functional responsibilities and expectations include but are not limited to the following:
- Client coverage of a defined portfolio of names
- Execute on the regional Network client strategy for uncovering future opportunities (Incubate/Grow Clients) alongside providing robust relationship coverage of clients where we hold their entire EMEA wallet (Defend Clients)
- In partnership with key stakeholders, conduct a semi-annual review of your respective Network portfolio to ensure appropriate coverage and knowledge of opportunities
- Key contact and escalation point for all portfolio matters
- Thorough understanding of Know Your Customer responsibilities, importance and requirements, and the ability to apply these principles to entire portfolio of assigned clients
- Reporting directly to the CB EMEA MMBSI Lead
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational, planning, problem solving, time management and analytical skills are required
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities to meet deadlines and exceed expectations.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and desire to learn.
- Fluent in English;
- Demonstrated, consistent professional presence with the ability to adapt to evolving needs and situations
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Degree level qualification and relevant experience in Treasury Services sales, corporate relationship management, or portfolio management with proven problem solving experience are preferred
- Broad commercial banking product knowledge and/or experience would be an advantage – cash management, payment FX, overdrafts and traditional trade products etc. Knowledge of treasury services products a clear advantage
- Fluency in other western European languages would be advantageous