Python/Java Software Engineer III
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Python/Java Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
We primarily use Python as our main language, using libraries such as pandas, tornado, and proprietary grid computation modules to develop to our microservices architecture, and would consider any strong software engineer interested in cross-training to Python.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Works closely with stakeholders to produce software solutions, and execute to plan
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
- Continuously improves on system stability and efficiency
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development
- Contributes to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Solid development experience in Python, Java, or similar languages
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Solid experience with relational databases such as Oracle or similar
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Experience with data processing and the associated modules numpy, and pandas.
- Experience with web servers such as tornado, or Tomcat
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Exposure to cloud technologies