Credit Portfolio Group Middle Office Associate
Job Type: Full time
Credit Portfolio Group (CPG) is responsible for the strategic risk management on behalf of the CIB Markets businesses. This sits within the derivatives business and is responsible for managing the counterparty credit risk (CVA) and funding risks (FVA) associated from bilateral OTC derivatives trades by executing hedging transactions to offset movements in XVA balance sheets reserves.
In the role of a Credit Portfolio Group Middle Office Associate, you will be supporting the trading desk and liaising with business stakeholders along with monitoring trading risk controls and managing risk across multiple products and business initiatives. Part of your duties will be also project management enhancement of controls and regulatory compliance.
This is the role for you if you are excited to support a new function being expanded to monitor trading risk and supporting regulatory compliance. Facing off to the front office and liaising with many business stakeholders in an environment which is fast paced, dynamic and continuing to evolve. Additionally this role will support multiple initiatives to improve and expand current control architecture and lead business updates and reporting on current controls.
- Design and support new controls to meet regulatory and internal standards
- Support trading teams daily through execution metrics and issue management
- Provide governance and engage multiple teams to remediate and close issues and actions
- Weekly collation of key business metrics that feed into multiple business control forums
- Create traceability of all data and related controls for regulatory reviews
- Reduce front office overhead
Required qualifications capabilities and skills
- Strategic mindset ability to investigate data and explain complex issues in a clear manner
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills internally at all levels; you will be dealing with front office, middle office and technology teams on a daily basis who are both business and technically sophisticated
- Independent, proactive, self-motivated and flexible with a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high-level standard