Project Manager - Investments
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Project Manager - Nutmeg (Investments Tribe)
Who we are:
Nutmeg is the UK’s largest truly digital wealth manager, offering clarity and transparency to both seasoned and first-time investors as they seek to achieve their financial goals. Launched in September 2012, Nutmeg now manages over £4.5bn on behalf of over 200,000 clients who have sought the powerful combination of an easy-to-use, adaptable investment service and market-leading human advice. Nutmeg is a J.P. Morgan company offering investments and digital wealth management services to consumers, complementing Chase’s digital bank in the UK.
At a time when people are seeking the closer relationship with money that technology can provide, Nutmeg:
- Has a team of over 240 employees
- Offers award winning stocks and shares ISA, Junior ISAs and Lifetime ISAs, as well as a personal pensions and general investment accounts
- Provides financial planning and advice alongside our award winning client services team
*We offer flexible working*
Job in a nutshell:
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who can use their planning, organisation, change management and communication skills to help us deliver complex and innovative projects, from inception, requirements gathering, development, integration testing, to launch.
As a member of the Change and Transformation team, you will play a key role in delivering some of Nutmeg’s most significant and strategic initiatives. This role will mainly include managing large and complex initiatives such as new product launches, integrations with our B2B partners and/or international expansion.
The Project Manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining the project plan; tracking milestones, decisions and risks; and managing communication between stakeholders, including third parties. As the sole Project Manager, you will be a hands-on contributor with strong sense of initiative and bias to action.
- Facilitate and drive complex projects on Nutmeg’s roadmap from the early stage of initiation to final implementation and launch.
- Create, maintain and communicate a detailed and organised project plan that documents delivery milestones, decisions, and risks. This will involve monitoring and tracking the work of engineering teams, operations teams, and compliance sign-off processes.
- Ensure that projects are delivered according to an agreed scope, on time, and within budget. Develop a reputation for being a trustworthy and reliable project manager.
- Provide structure and guidance to your projects and be a pragmatic voice of reason within the delivery to ensure focus on key priorities.
- Facilitate the day-to-day running of projects by organising meetings, preparing and disseminating notes, and holding others accountable for their actions.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships across different departments, including internal teams (e.g. product and engineering, compliance, operations and investments) and with our external partners.
- Collaborate with your colleagues to define and continuously improve our project management tools and protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Significant experience of managing varied and innovative projects, preferably within Investment Firms, or within Financial Services/Financial Technology as a minimum.
- Experience delivering complex projects involving multiple delivery teams, from start to finish, with a thorough understanding of the full agile Software Development Lifecycle.
- Thorough practical understanding of different delivery methodologies including agile (Scrum and Kanban) and Waterfall.
- Adaptable and professional communicator and listener; equally comfortable presenting to senior executives and discussing detailed requirements.
- Open and transparent with your work and the progress of the projects that you manage, ensuring that a diverse range of stakeholders are given sufficient updates by designing appropriate governance.
- Pragmatic and delivery-oriented mindset, able to bring structure, clarity, and a bias to action.
- Expert in agile processes and comfortable working in an uncertain, fast-paced environment.
- A calm facilitator who can manage and resolve tension and conflicts, able to influence others even if you do not have direct authority over them.
- Experience in change management, including assessing the impact of change, defining success, effectively managing stakeholders at all levels and supporting training efforts to make sure projects are successful.