Lead Data Engineer
Job Type: Full time
As a Lead Data Engineer at JPMorgan Chase within our Global Technology Infrastructure, Global Solutions Delivery team, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver data collection, storage, access, and analytics solutions in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As a core technical contributor, you are responsible for maintaining critical data pipelines and architectures across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Generates data models for their team using firmwide tooling, linear algebra, statistics, and geometrical algorithms
- Delivers data collection, storage, access, and analytics data platform solutions in a secure, stable, and scalable way
- Implements database back-up, recovery, and archiving strategy
- Evaluates and reports on access control processes to determine effectiveness of data asset security with minimal supervision
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Working experience with both relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience and proficiency across the data lifecycle
- Experience with database back-up, recovery, and archiving strategy
- Proficient knowledge of linear algebra, statistics, and geometrical algorithms
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) tools experience
- BI (Business Intelligence) tools knowledge, particularly Tableau & QlikView
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Data Analyst Certification
- Proficient with Data Analysis tools
- Demonstrable business acumen with a customer-oriented focus
You’ve got this!