International Consumer Banking (ICB) – Risk Strategy & Execution – Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
If you are a team player who is able to work independently within a dynamic, fast-paced environment and have experience in a governance, regulation, finance, risk or audit – this team and role will be the right one for you.
As a member of the ICB Risk Strategy & Execution (RS&E) team, you will provide support to the team lead across an expanding agenda, with responsibility for Risk Strategy Implementation and Expansion, Governance, Control Management and Business Management, you will own and implement a variety of deliverables for the ICB risk organization. You will support the delivery of regulatory, business and/or strategic governance programs and initiatives; provision of reporting scorecards, process maps, help deliver Board and LOB reporting as they relate specifically to risk and help manage the process and governance for risk input and review of New Business Initiatives. You will work in close partnership with the business areas and functional teams aligned to both ICB and the broader firm.
In support of both local and corporate requirements, you will liaise directly with senior members of the ICB risk team, reporting to the ICB Risk Strategy & Execution Lead, Aneeza Ameer.
This an excellent opportunity for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment where strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills are required.
- Work with the Risk Strategy & Execution lead in support of the CRO agenda.
- Partner with both the ICB Risk teams and other ICB colleagues in Controls, Finance and Governance as well as cross-functional partners, e.g., Compliance, Operational Risk, Legal Entity Risk, OTS to deliver on key strategic and BAU priorities.
- Coordinate risk responses to NBIAs, due diligence requests for investments and Post Implementation Reviews (PIRs)
- Provide support on key strategic initiatives by managing working group communications, reporting and scorecards for our integration initiatives and European expansion program.
- Provide support to the Governance function within ICB Risk in terms of our ICB Risk Committee and ICB Reputation Risk Committee working closely with the Reputation Risk Office.
- Support our delivery for legal obligations, working across ICB Risk teams to identify and assess obligations for relevance and impact.
Required qualifications capabilities, and skills
- 2 years of experience in a second line of defence role
- Proven written and oral communication skills to clearly present findings, make recommendations and influence outcomes.
- Ability to work inclusively of others across functions, lines of business and locations.
- Experience in working effectively in agile environments, delivering value whilst managing fast-paced change.
- Proven ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment.
- Well versed in developing new ideas and improving current processes.
- Advanced PC Skills, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Preferred qualifications capabilities, and skills
- Prior experience of working in Consumer Banking industry.