Public Cloud Software Engineer III
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Public Cloud Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase with in Public Cloud Enablement and Adoption (PCEA) technical team, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems.
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems.
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development.
- Gathers, analyzes, synthesizes, and develops visualizations and reporting from large, diverse data sets in service of continuous improvement of software applications and systems.
- Proactively identifies hidden problems and patterns in data and uses these insights to drive improvements to coding hygiene and system architecture.
- Architect and implement scalable and resilient Public Cloud solutions following cloud native design principals and leveraging native services, on multiple cloud providers, Develop, test, and deliver software for a variety of Public Cloud services
- Design, implement, scale, and optimize automated cloud provisioning processes, Identify issues and work to resolve in a methodical and swift manner
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience.
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability.
- Proficient in coding in one or more languages, preferably Python, Golang or Java
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages.
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Skilled in Infrastructure-as-code technologies such as Terraform, CrossPlane, experience in deploying, operating and managing Kubernetes clusters in AWS, needs to be able to work with complex algorithms, follow best practice principles around clean code, and understand the impact of security and scale.
- Expertise in application and infrastructure architecture disciplines, Ability to dive into complex problems to troubleshoot and implement functional solutions, expertise in CI/CD and Automated Testing
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Practical experience with a major public cloud platform (AWS, Google, Azure) accompanied by a relevant certification (e.g. AWS Developer Associate, AWS Solutions Architect Associate etc.)
- Ability to deploy, operate and manage k8s on AWS EKS
- Experience with the core foundational services of cloud providers (IAM, S3, VPC, Compute)
- Knowledge of architecture and design across engineering disciplines , experience with Infrastructure as Code approaches (Terraform, Crossplane, CloudFormation)
You’ve got this!